Education in Transition
Design new places of learning and life
"Just as we are free inside ourselves, we can grant freedom to others."
A further training course for everyone who wants to provide, shape and support self-determined and democratic education
if you are ready or already active to help shape a change in the field of education and if you turn your back / want to turn your back on structures of oppression, coercion and thrust thinking.
if you want to grant young people the right to self-determination and co-determination and to accompany and support them respectfully, not directly and on an equal footing in their developments and educational processes.
if you want to found or help shape a Sudbury school / place of learning, a free-democratic school, a place of free learning / education or a free learner community.
if you already provide young people with self-determined education in a free learning environment and accompany them.
if you want to contribute to a transformation and democratization in your school / educational environment.
if you are ready to embark on a personal, holistic nine-month development process within a community and thus on a path to more freedom, personal responsibility, development of potential and cooperation in your life.
Team / cooperation partners / lecturers
Training support, pedagogue, former school founder, Three In One Concepts Facilitator,
Advisor for self-determined education.
Psychologist, systemic approach, constellation work, potential development, core creative change
Professor, Dr. Peter Gray,
Developmental psychologist, author, president Alliance for Self-Directed Education , Self-Determined Education Expert, Scientist.
Dr. Sarah Alexi
long-term employee of the new school in Hamburg, lecturer, research assistant
Former student and graduate of Sudbury Valley School, Boston
Dr. Christel Hartkamp
Founder and collaborator at Sudbury Schools in Holland, author, expert on self-determined and democratic education, scientist.
Former headmaster and school inspector from England, author (Another Way is Possible) Expert in democratic education, scientist
Former student and graduate of Sudbury School Jerusalem
The training consists of 5 modules in presence, Literature study, internships, practical experience, group calls (online), individual coaching and the formation of cooperations together.
This interplay of theoretical knowledge, inner experience and self-reflection, practical experience, the implementation of goals, exchange and community building processes enables a space for experience and development that also reflects the perspective and basic attitude of self-determined education within a community and makes it tangible.
03.03. - 03/06/2022 1st module (4 days)
March April Observations
05/05 - 05/08/2022 2nd module (4 days)
06/30 - 07/03/2022 3rd module (4 days)
07/28/2022 Online seminar (1/2 day)
August September Internship (several weeks recommended)
09/08/2022 Online seminar (1/2 day)
30.09. - 10/02/2022 4th module (3 days)
03.11. - 11/06/2022. 5th module (4 days)
Group calls via zoom take place every two weeks between the modules.
In March / April and in the last third of the training, each participant is offered 2 individual coaching sessions (optionally with ThreeInOneConepts).
Input literature, offers / tools / support tasks for integration in everyday life, buddy concept.
If required, a translation (English / German) is offered for the workshops of the English-speaking cooperation partners.
Modules, calls, observations, internships
Single couching PDF
Freedom and responsibility
- Trust as a basis - Mother Nature pedagogy (workshop with Peter Gray - Zoom)
- Effects of externally determined education ... Chances and possibilities of self-determined education (workshop with Je´anna L Clements - Zoom)
- The development of self-image
- The 10 basic attitudes - The magic of being
- Dealing with your own (learning) biography
- Descooling process - personal work with inner components
- Blockages and obstacles to the development of potential
- I am free and responsible
Inspirations and practical experience
- In self-organization: Observations, open days, online events
various free learning / educational venues, communities, democratic schools, Sudbury schools, free schools, free learner families, ...
- Get to know the differences and
- Preparation for internship weeks
- Presentations and exchanges
in the calls
Internship lasting several weeks (recommended)
Immersion in practice
Individuality and community
- Getting to know and introducing
- paradigm shift. Rethinking basic attitudes and deepening education
- Workshop: The Theory of Self-Determined Education (Jeánna L Clements) Motivation and Education
- Forms and content of learning
- Lived democracy
- Vision finding - Personal goal setting
- Individuality and community Systemic positioning and personal orientation (Gerlinde Wagner)
- Team building event Rhythm Atelier (Alassane Diop)
- A democratic community and its structures
- SV, committees and cooperations
- decision-making processes
- Conflict resolution options
- Skills for communication skills and community building according to Scott Peck (Simone Kosog and Alexander Wiedemann)
- Group of all leaders
- Open space
- team building event (Alassane Diop)
At regular intervals (approx. Every 2 weeks) group calls take place between the modules instead of. This serves to be in connection as a group, to learn from and with each other and to deepen specific upcoming topics. Individual lecturers and cooperation partners occasionally participate in the calls.
In addition, the remaining Thursday evenings can be used for collaborations and small groups.
The power of cooperation
- Our inner world creates our outer world
- Moving Embryology - The Beginning of Our Beginnings (Kristina Prepoutides)
- The feminine and masculine principle
- Embodiment: I live my destiny (Kristina Prepoutsidis)
- Equal relationships
- team building event
- Individual final presentations
- Systemic work - orientation towards the new
Individual coaching and stress management
Each participant receives the offer of two individual coaching or, optionally, individual sessions with the Three In One Concepts (kinesiological procedure), (in the first and last weeks of the training) This offer is an effective supplementary individual support to blockages and obstacles to the development of one's own potential to solve.
The sessions take place outside of the modules in person or online.
The right to be educated freely
- Exchange and reflection on the diverse practical experiences
- Presentations - Insights into practice
- Sudbury Education - Mine Way of self-determined education (workshop with Netanel Maier and Frances Avo)
- personal orientation
Modules, internships, internships, calls, individual coaching:
Further information: Click
Deine Geburt in ein freieres und selbstbestimmtes Leben
The fee for the entire training is 3900 € (including VAT)
The fees do not include travel costs, meals and accommodation
If you are interested, please fill out the application document and arrange a non-binding introductory interview (zoom)
Number of participants in the training:
a maximum of 16 participants
The modules take place in attendance at the Sudbury School Ammersee (Reichling / Ludenhausen). the Calls and the day seminar take place online.
Internships and internships at locations of your choice.
The organization of an accommodation is in your hands.
Accommodation options in the district: Link
Times at the modules are
Thursday: 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday: 9.30 a.m. - 6.30 p.m.
Saturday: 9.30 a.m. - 6.30 p.m.
Sunday: 9.30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday call: 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Online seminars: 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.